Thursday, December 27, 2012

Hung by the Chimney with care....


Christmas stockings.  I've always felt that Christmas stockings are  very personal .  The little do-dads, candies, fruits, and gifts are just for the owner of the stocking and as a child I wanted to keep them a secret, my secret.   When our family moved into this farmhouse I decided it was time for me to make stockings for the 5 of us.  Every person needs their very own stocking.






My youngest son was only 4 when we moved here and he just loved the snow!








Son #2 had recieved his Christmas gift early.  At 7 years old he got a chubby little lab pup.  The old gal is still with us today.  She is 12 and he is 19 and a freshman in college now.







The first born son loved trains!  It was so perfect that the farmhouse is just a few hundred yards from the train track !  His stocking is an adorable Santa waving from a train.









Darling Husband is quite the hunter !  For many years he has filled our freezer during deer season!  His stocking is a woodland scene with his favorite animal.





First born is now 22 years old and engaged to be married !  They have been dating for nearly 4 years and a couple years ago he asked me to make his intended a stocking.  I love this stocking, it so represents young love 





 

My stocking is all about Christmas and family.  The star at the top of the tree guides us to Christs birthday, the tree is the growth of Faith and Family, the hearts on the tree represents my husband, myself and our three sons, the cow print background..... well... that's totally me.  I love cows !!

Christmas stockings are not difficult to make or embellish.  Here are a few ideas to get started on your own .

In My Own Style ... free printable pattern

Martha's Wool stockings

Better Homes and Gardens..... one of my faves .

Feel free to comment and add more links to your favorites stocking finds !

1 comment:

  1. Love the stockings! All of my girls are the same, I've been looking for ideas for my husbands and my stocking. He wants one remade like his from when he was a kid and I've decided I wanted something different for me. Here's a blog post with the stockings for my daughters.

    http://sewmanygirls.blogspot.com/2009/12/stocking-were-hung.html

    ReplyDelete